|Home | Manufacturers | Fiddes and Sons
|Fiddes Wood Wax Products
Fiddes Wood Wax has been used to beautify and protect wood for nearly a century. Builders, restorers and home owners prefer Fiddes for fine furniture, doors, floors, cabinets and paneling.
Whether your wood project is bare, sealed or previously polished, there’s a Fiddes furniture care wax that will bring out its very best. MBW Furniture carries Fiddes Supreme Wax Polish and Fiddes Mellow Wax in a full range of colors.
FIDDES SUPREME WAX POLISH
Formulated to offer excellent results on bare or sealed wood, Fiddes Supreme Wax Polish contains a unique, environmentally friendly blend of waxes that naturally enhances the beauty of your wood.
Available in seven carefully selected shades, the Supreme Wax range exhibits significant advantages over many traditional toluene based wax polishes. Supreme Wax is virtually odour free, easy to apply, and once buffed to the desired sheen level, provides a depth of finish that revives and protects any original patina.
- For bare or sealed woods
- Toluene free - environmentally friendly
- Quick drying: 3 minutes at room temp.
- Virtually odor free
- 7 Consistent Color Shades
- Easy to apply with cloth, brush or sponge
Sand the wooden substrate in stages, working with a medium sandpaper (120 grit), through to a medium / fine grade (180 –220 grit). Always sand in the direction of the grain pattern where possible, ensuring the removal of any blemishes and glue residue prior to the application of Fiddes Supreme Wax. Take care to remove all traces of sanding dust and test the chosen Fiddes Supreme Wax shade on a similar substrate to verify the color. A coat of Fiddes Shellac Sealer is recommended on open grained woods prior to application.
Application: Cloth, Brush, Sponge.
Dry Time: 3 minutes at room temperature.
Coverage: 16 sqm per Litre (depending on substrate and method of application)
Coats: 1 coat – further coats will deepen colour / shade and enhance sheen level
Thinners: NGR Thinners / Methylated Spirits.
Recommended for use on: Fine Furniture, Doors, Floors, Cabinet Work and Paneling.
- Take a clean cotton cloth, sponge or brush and apply in the direction of the wood grain where possible.
- To obtain a uniform colour, always wipe evenly, blending the Supreme Wax over the whole surface area by exerting a small degree of pressure when applying by hand.
- Take care to lightly remove any excess Supreme Wax immediately with a separate, clean absorbent cloth, again following the direction of the grain pattern.
- Leave to dry for around 3 minutes, and buff to finish with a soft cloth.
- The application of additional coats will deepen the existing colour / shade and significantly enhance the resulting sheen level.
Fiddes Mellow Wax Polish
Fiddes Mellow Wax is a blended beeswax polish for antique wood that’s already finished or sealed. Mellow Wax Polish is easy to apply and dries in just 10 minutes.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- For finished or sealed woods
- Dry time: 10 minutes at room temp
- 3 color shades plus clear
The Fiddes’ pedigree goes back nearly 100 years, through four generations. Albert Fiddes founded the furniture care company in the UK in the early 1900s.
Since then, their products have grown in popularity across Europe, Asia and North America. In recent years, Fiddes Wood Wax has embarked on a program of developing safe, eco-friendly finishes like Supreme Wax Polish.
|CATEGORIES : Fiddes & Sons Furniture Care
Wood Wax (42)
Wood Polish + Restore (5)
Other Cleaners (2)
Wood Stains + Dyes (3)